Question
Posted by: Meme | 2005/01/11

Topamax 50mg side effects????

Hi there, I've been on topamax 50mg twice a day, for about a month now, but I'm feeling EXTREMELY nauseous, I can barely eat anything. Is this possibly a side effect? I can't see my pshyciatrist right now, but I'm really feeling terrible. Kindly help asap, I'm desperate to feel better.

Usually, one would hope that most side-effects would tend to decrease after one has been on the med for a month, though some persist. Nausea can be a side-effect of Topamax ( as, for instance, can a change in the taste of some of what we eat) ; though of course it can also be caused by something fully unrelated to the topamax. Could you call your psychiatrist ( before your next visit ) as he knows why he specifically chose topamax for you, and at whatever specific dose, and could advise on whether to reduce the dose, or change meds, before your next visit.