Posted by: lati | 2008/09/12

tooth wiring

i have a friend here at work who want to wire her tooth to lose weight. What are the negative implications of her wiring her tooth? All the dentist she has consulted have said they no longer do it. Is it legal or has it been discontinued due to the dangers of it.

Dear Lati
Now that I come to think of it, I have also not heard much about tooth wiring lately. The problem with this procedure is that is should be done under the supervision of a medical dr and a dietitian, not just by a dentist because it is important that the patient's food intake is monitored. This is probably why dentists don't want to do the procedure. If you live in one of the bigger cities in SA, your friend can possibly find out if tooth wiring is done at any one of the medical clinics in your city. Otherwise she should use a low-fat diet and exercise to lose the weight.