Question
Posted by: Ladybird | 2004/01/23

Tooth implant

My 3rd molar from the back cracked and had to be removed. As I have crowns on the adjacent teeth I can have a bridge. The only option is to have an implant. I was quoted R9000.00 to have the implant (one tooth!). Surely that can not be correct - it is outrageous. Do I have any other options? Are there any other places where one can go at substantially reduced prices?

Ladybird, the first thing to do would be to get a quote from a different dentist, but I have to tell you that my friend spent over R70 000.00 on his teeth. Another option would be to go to one of the teaching hospitals and see what they charge. Good luck.