Question
Posted by: KD | 2004/10/11

Too young to be tired

I am a 24 yr old female and always tired. I started going to gym about a month ago doing only 45 mins of cardio excercise 3 times a week. For the past two weeks I've just been more tired than ever and as a result haven't been going to gym. My father is diabetic and my mother has high cholesterol and therefore have been brought up with good eating habits. I have checkups twice a year - the last set of tests ruled out diabetes and cholesterol problems. Work is a bit stressful at the moment and I do spend a lot of time doing favours for my family. Besides this stress I don't see a reason why I am constantly tired.

KD, being tired is not a very specific symptom and can be part of almost any disorder. Common causes include working too hard and playing/resting too little (by far the most common cause), blood pressure problems, thyroid problems, stress, blood sugar problems, anaemia, depression and a host of other diseases. The best would be to see your doctor and have him make sure that there isn’t a serious underlying problem. Good luck.