Question
Posted by: tigerteeth | 2004/01/08

too tired too lazy

I used to love going to the gym 5 times a week when I was not working but since I started my own business about a month ago I don't feel up to it. I only enjoy group training and it's like I have to rush from work to get home to change to make it to a class on time which I feel I don't have the energy or the "LUS" for. There just isn't enough time in the day to do it all, I work Saturdays, and then Sundays I got to do all the things I didn't have time for in the week. I used to do crunches b4 bedtime but now I'd rather take the time to sleep needless to say my tummy's getting f.a.t.

Just how do other people do it because I infact want to train but just feel too tired.

Hi Tigerteeth

If it's any consolation, you are not alone - many people struggle with the same thing. The truth is, unfortunately, I can't really say or do anything that will change this - the change must come from the inside out. There are of course things you can do, to try to organize your time and to take control of exercise as part of your regular routine, but in the end, it must be a sincere commitment that you work out and plan as part of your day. It will never just happen - no one has ever found that they have so much time on their hands that they decide to exercise. So, all these people who do it regularly are just able to make time. THat's the bottom line - you have to make the time. I know that it can be very difficult when you are running a business, but you must realise that part of being an effective business man is to make time for yourself, to prioritize your health, and if this means delagating, or sharing certain menial responsibilities with others in the business in order to create time, then it must be done. I know this sounds a lot more simple than it really is, but I hope that you can find a way - I think that if you draw up a list of priorities, and you find that exercise is quite high up there (for all the health reasons perhaps) then finding the time should be less difficult.

I hope you are able to find a way to make it work.

1
Posted by: DBT | 2004/01/09

Make time!

Put in yor diary and it is not negtiable. Remember that your LIFE AND HEALTH is more important than any buisness deal.

You have to life in this shell and you must take responsibilty for it not excusses why you can't, Dont worry what you did in the past just what you will do in the future.

Start now, get your diary out and book the time in pen bold.

You will get your energy back as soon as you start back in to your training and not before.

So do it!

NOW.

Reply to DBT