Question
Posted by: Guilty Mommy | 2010/04/19

Too tired for kids

Dear CS

I have two lovely children, one of 4 and a baby of 1. Sometimes though, I feel so tired at the end of the working day that I almost do not have the energy to pick them up from daycare. I miss them so much, but the after word dinner-bath-and-bed rush is almost too much for me to handle. In the end, I leave work as late as possible to shorten the rush hour. My husband gets home about a halfhour to 45 minutes after I do, and he''s a great help. Nevertheless I sometimes feel just can''t do it. Is this normal? how do I change my feelings? we don''t have any family in the same province, so its up to us.

You're well within the range of normal - for really good, conscientious mothers. Your work is tiring, and instead of being able to relax and think only of yourself when arriving home, you have chores to do, including the dinner-bath-bed work with your excellent children. I'm just not quite sure why you describe this as a "rush". Is it essential to rush it ? Is it no possible to see this as part of your own wind-down and relax time, to enjoy time with the children that doesn't HAVE to be done by a particular time ?

3
Posted by: Happiness | 2010/04/20

I agree with mr no, a healthy lifestyle can change your world. But have you also considered having a maid? I think that''s one luxury every career woman must have. I''ve had a full time maid for 5yrs now and my life is easier, she bathes and feeds the children in the afternoons. She also cooks! So all I do when I arrive home after 5pm is pick up the kids and go straight to gym. I come back from gym around 7pm and just love them for an hour and then its bed time. That leaves me and hubby with plenty of time to just relax.

Reply to Happiness
Posted by: mr no | 2010/04/20

i think you should try and get some vitamins and minerals added to your lifestyle, even considering a tonic to boost your energy.

it is normal to feel tired with long hours and not having a healthy diet, i know exactly how you feel, but please make work of it to get some energy booster and make sure that you eat at least 6 small portions of food everyday.

hope you feel better after start using some kind of booster.

Reply to mr no