Question
Posted by: Jenna | 2004/11/24

Too soon for pregnancy symptoms??

I am on my second course of fertility treatment ( Clomid).
I took the pills from day 5 - 9 of my period and had the Profasi injection on day 14. My period was due on Saturday 20th November, so I am 4 days late with no sign of a period. I did a home pregnancy test on Sunday, but it showed negative.
My breasts are tender and I am mildly nauseous in the morning.
By my calculations I could be 2.5 weeks pregnant. Are these symptoms of pregnancy or is it wishful thinking?

They could be symptoms of pregnancy. I would suggest that you repeat the test in a few days.

Best wsihes

2
Posted by: Jenna | 2004/11/26

Thanks Golly,

Will do the test again on Saturday

Reply to Jenna
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/24

I had a false alarm recently and did a bit of research on the home pregnancy tests. Although they all promise results before or shortly after a missed period, they are most accurate after about 7-10 days missed period.

To be sure, redo the hpt this coming Saturday. Alternatively, have a blood test done. A Quanititative test is 100% accurate and takes 24 h to process. It can be done at 10 days after ovulation, while a qualitative (yes/no) test takes an hour or two and is accurate within 5 days of a missed period.

Good luck!

Reply to Golly