Question
Posted by: anonymouse? | 2007/12/04

too much sweat

i sweat every day no matter if i'm doing anything active or not. I'm a young teenager so I definately do not want any kind of surgery. I have heard all kinds of things about antiperspirants and deodorants but do not know what to believe. There's a book called stop sweating and start living however I'm too young to order it. Please help me.

Dear Anonymouse?
Read these articles on hyperhydrosis:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperhidrosis
http://www.medicinenet.com/hyperhidrosis/article.htm

You can tri Driclor or Perspirex, or ask our doctor to prescribe Probanthine, or if this does not help consider botox injections or operation ( sympathectomy or removal of sweat glands like a liposuction operation) The last two however does have risks and can have permanent side effects.

dr Bets

2
Posted by: CV | 2009/01/07

I' m 44 yrs old and struggle with excessive sweating. I' m a woman and this is really not nice. I only start sweating when I' m active, doing some kind of movement or exercise. I had a histerectomy 8 years ago and lost 1 ovary 3 years ago. I do get hot flushes sometimes. I' m doing a dance-sport, but this is really embarrassing to have totally wet hair and clothes just after the first few dances!!! I start sweating from the top of my head (very ticklish!!!), under arms, my back and between my buttocks and inside-legs. My hands and feet also sweat, but not as much. I' m not overweight but would love to loose 3 kg' s.

Is there anything I can do about this and would like to know what causes excessive sweating?

Thanx a mill.....
CV

Reply to CV
Posted by: Capeman1971 | 2007/12/05

I saw a documentry last night on TV where a guy has bad swaeting under his arms. He also did not want surgery. The doctor injected him with Botox in his armpit where the swaeting was occuring. It last for 5-7months and there will be no evidence of sweating. The program was called " Doctor 90210 ' To identify the glands under the arm pit the doctor swabbed the area with iodine and then sprinkled bi carb of soda. The glands that caused the swaeting showed up purple and the doctor is then able to pint point the area. It only takes a few minutes and it is over for 6 months.
Hope this helps

Reply to Capeman1971