Posted by: Embarrased | 2006/10/26

Too much sweat

Im a 36 year old woman. i have a problem of sweating a lot, for as long as i can remember especially underarm. W inter or summer there's no difference. i've tried roll-ons like mitchum, gels and almost everythin on the shelf but they don't make any differrence. Now that it is summer the sweat even shows on my clothes.

Please help!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

You seemingly have tried the usual methods to alleviate the sweating. But to no avail. There are three other options. Botox can be injected in these areas. A few dermatologists do this procedure. The results are not permanent. The nerve supply to the glands can be severed surgically. This procedure is carreid out by a thoracic surgeon. The glands can be removed in an operation or with liposuction. There you have it. Think about what I said and make a decision. Google it!

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Peggy | 2006/10/27

Do not use Botox or even consider this option. My sister and I both suffered from excessive sweating. My sister had botox and finally the operation. It was extremelly painful. I have managed to prevent this by using a product called Perspirex. Its only sold in Pharmacies and is therefor much stronger than any other antiperspirent. Its so strong you only apply it every 3 days. Skindoc, you need to get up to date with new products instead of suggesting painful and costly procedures.

Reply to Peggy
Posted by: Embarrased | 2006/10/27

Could u please assist me with the no. of any dermatologist who does the excessive sweat botox. I live in Limpopo, i've tried 2 dermatologists around here but they don't do it. Maybe Gauteng province preferably Pretoria?

Reply to Embarrased

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.