Question
Posted by: Embarrased | 2006/10/26

Too much sweat

Im a 36 year old woman. i have a problem of sweating a lot, for as long as i can remember especially underarm. W inter or summer there's no difference. i've tried roll-ons like mitchum, gels and almost everythin on the shelf but they don't make any differrence. Now that it is summer the sweat even shows on my clothes.

Please help!

Expert ImageArchive

You seemingly have tried the usual methods to alleviate the sweating. But to no avail. There are three other options. Botox can be injected in these areas. A few dermatologists do this procedure. The results are not permanent. The nerve supply to the glands can be severed surgically. This procedure is carreid out by a thoracic surgeon. The glands can be removed in an operation or with liposuction. There you have it. Think about what I said and make a decision. Google it!

2
Posted by: Peggy | 2006/10/27

Do not use Botox or even consider this option. My sister and I both suffered from excessive sweating. My sister had botox and finally the operation. It was extremelly painful. I have managed to prevent this by using a product called Perspirex. Its only sold in Pharmacies and is therefor much stronger than any other antiperspirent. Its so strong you only apply it every 3 days. Skindoc, you need to get up to date with new products instead of suggesting painful and costly procedures.

Reply to Peggy
Posted by: Embarrased | 2006/10/27

Could u please assist me with the no. of any dermatologist who does the excessive sweat botox. I live in Limpopo, i've tried 2 dermatologists around here but they don't do it. Maybe Gauteng province preferably Pretoria?

Reply to Embarrased