Question
Posted by: embarressed | 2005/12/07

too much hair

Good day Im 23 i have dark hair and I am starting to notice hair growing on my sides of face, chin and also a few hairs on my chest I feel really embarressed about this as it is very noticeable and i feel quite self conscious about it. I have been to my GP who did hormone tests and everything was fine. Is there any medication that could help stop the hair growth, i think that I may be suffereing fom Hirsutism are there any tests that can confirm this. I have tried waxing unwanted hair as a temporary measure but it grew back even worse. An I dont have alot of money that I can go have laser treatment.

Please help...Many thanks

Dear embarrassed,
Taking a contraceptive pill will probably help. Read more on: http://hirsutism.homestead.com/
Did your doctor check for polycystic ovarial syndrome?