Question
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/01

Too much energy!

Hi CS... I get my meds tomorrow!! Not sure if I am looking forward to it or not... but here it is - midnight and I am still wide awake. I got no sleep last night... I just couldn't settle down at all. I have way to much energy and the thoughts rushing through me - non stop!

Last night I did the warm milk thing... the warm bath... the soothing music... but I ended up taking out my guitar and writing songs ' till the sun rose, and then showered, got ready for work and had an extremely productive day.

I thought I'd be totally exhausted by now, but my concentration is actually quite peaked. I am totally alert and as South Africa sleeps, all I want to do is shout "Wake up! I need company!" Yeah, like the world must revolve around my mental illness :)

In this state, it's quite interesting because, as much as I know it isn't normal, I also realise that I can use this energy in such a useful way. But just because I know something isn't quite right in my mind right now, I don't think I really know what to do with myself. So, here I am bugging you... as if you don't already have enough posts to wade through!

So, I had best leave now - before my post turns into a record marathon post of useless chatter. I hope you are having a good, peaceful sleep :)

Hi ..., good to hear from you again --- and good to hear that your meds will be accessable soon. Sounds like you'[re still on the productive side of this high, which is good, but the meds will be worth it, to stop it spilling over into the non-productive aimless hypractivity phase of it. As you say, if one could somehow harness all that extra energy, well, we'd have electricity for Africa ! But the snag is that along with the increasing energy, comes decreasing judgement, so that one easily ends up spending all the energy on doing something truly daft or useless, while firmly convinced that it is something wonderful.

2
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/01

Thanks Buzz... I'm doing too much thinking of ME :)

Reply to ...
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/01

Thinking of you ...

Reply to Buzz