Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2005/07/15

Too many apples??

I eat a lot of apples each day (+- 7 daily). I know apples are healthy, but what are the disadvantages of too many apples? I also eat a few vegetables and on or two other fruit, but sometimes it's just those Golden Delicious all the way. Is this bad in any way, if so, how?

Dear Sandy
It is always better to be moderate and eat a variety of foods to obtain the best nutritional balance. If eating those 7 apples a day is not making you gain weight then you can probably continue, but your diet is going to lack variety. Try having other fruits such as oranges, naartjies, etc, to provide you with more vit C and dark yellow or dark green vegetables like pumpkin, butternut, broccoli, carrots to provide beta-carotene.

2
Posted by: Tsa | 2005/07/15

Fruits have a lot of sugar, so be careful of having too many fruits as sugar will make u gain weight

Reply to Tsa
Posted by: Vix | 2005/07/15

I am so glad I found someone with the same eating habits as mine. I also eat a lot of apples and the people at work think that I am a bit crazy. But I enjoy them. I would also like to know if it's bad. You know what they say, Too much of a good thing is always bad. So I hope we get an answer soon

Reply to Vix