Question
Posted by: Lala | 2003/12/05

Too Late

I'm a first time pill user. I had the copper T in previously but I had too many complications. I had it removed on the fourth day of of menstruating. The same day I started the pill in the appropriate section. How long will it take for me to be totally safe or not get pregnant? I can't stand the condoms and pulling any longer.

You will be safe after 7 days of active pills.

4
Posted by: E | 2003/12/05

Oh please Lala, thats the way things work, so if you want to play it safe, don't complain!!!

Reply to E
Posted by: sam | 2003/12/05

The pill normally starts working within 14days, so thats seven active pills after the red ( period ) ones. Although some pills may be a bit different so I'd check with the clinic to be sure.

Reply to sam
Posted by: lala | 2003/12/05

Hell no. I can't stop having sex for a whole month. I guess the condoms will have to work for this month. Damn and it's gonna be Christmas soon...

Reply to lala
Posted by: lucy | 2003/12/05

to be safe, you should complete one full pack of pills (ie take it for one month) before you start having sex again. also once you start having sex, you have to take the pill at the same time everyday otherwise it won't work.

Reply to lucy