Posted by: kd | 2004/12/21

too close but not too late yet

i have been suffering from inrceased bouts of rage and all directed towards the one person i want to hurt the most .
it has all started over i believe the last 10 years, from having no money the arguments were about exactly that ,
to day we are financialy stable to a degree " no bond nice house relativley good buisness great kids all the toys that 30 somthing men buy " but then there is this over powering feeling of lack of achievement or even self worth, which manefests itself into anger,
first the shouting and increasing volume and language even in front of my kids and then rage.
tantrums , usualy over nothing atall just a build up and justified to my self for many reasons "lack of respect from my wife ,controlling me, lack of comunication, etc" then violent out bursts and even now developing into handling my wife ,pushing ,shaking threatening harm.
i have zero remorse or feeling after the out bursts and some times non atall but most instances i suffer remorse , but i dont know weather it is my selfishness that i feel remorse "my feer of loosing my world " or sorry for my actions
i am afraid these feelings and actions will deteriate to the degree that i will start feeling suicidal in these fits of rage and do some stupid thing at the wrong time due to the rage inside
your advise and coments would be most enlightening
and if there is an over counter supliment natural prefered that i could take to chalenge my self back on track

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Hi kd, Sounds as if, though the problem may express itself in rage towards your spouse or others, the real problem lies in a sense of low self-worth and self-esteem, and of previously missed opportunites. While such anger may be understandable, it's obviously not at all useful --- it provides little relief and no solutions.
This situation certainly is amenable to help, especially as you have already taken the most important step, of recognizing that you have a problem and that it needs to be dealt with. Arrange to see a good clinical psychologist or psychiatrist for a proper assessment, and then discuss treatment options. Psychotherapy / counselling, dealing with these issues of self-esteem, and anger management, could make a really significant difference, to the benefit of all of you

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Liza | 2004/12/21

Go see a psychiatrist. Sounds like bipolar disorder to me. I know all about that rage and irritation - together with the lack of drive, lack of feeling of achievement. Not nice. But rest assured - its an illness like any other and can be controlled through medication. Hope you feel better soon!


Reply to Liza
Posted by: Q | 2004/12/21

Seams to me that you my sufer from slite deprassion and need to get it under control!!! Have you ever tride to find out whay you feel this way?? My advise would be to go and see a consollor or phyciatrist!!! It is not that you are crazzy but just to help you make sence of it all!! Because if you keep going this whey you will lose it all and then you and you allone will be responsible!!!! And just a Q from my side Why do you need vaslidation from some one els for your achievements??? I was like that to if some one did not tell me how cool i was or hoe great my hole world imploded!!! I found out true justification and egnolagment can only come from you and you alone!!!!

Reply to Q

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.