Question
Posted by: Alison | 2008/01/14

too acidic

hi
I am 38 and have recently been diagnosed with acid relfux by a ear/thraot speacialist. He said i was fairly young for it..i have been researching on the net and it seems it can cuase serious problems if left untreated Could you suggest any specfic food i could eat and any advice. should i go on medication forever, what would you suggest? twice thsi week i have worken up with a sharp pain in my throat that goes away. (I also sleep with my mouth open)

thank you
Alison

Dear Alison
See http://heartburn.about.com/cs/emailcourses/qt/heartburn10103.htm
It may be best to go on treatment - a gastro enterologist will be able to give you a prescription - usually a PPI ( anti - acid/ acid supressor) relatively longterm.