Question
Posted by: nav | 2007/02/19

tonsillitis

im a 19yr lady and ever since i was small i've had quite a few cases of tonsillitis but its never been serious enough to get them removed. my last case of tonsillitis was last year and my practitioner said that considering my history the next time it occurs i should have them removed. presently i have been experiencing mild swollen glands and ive noticed that even after eating/drinking "sweet stuff" like cake or tea my throat gets a lot worse, is there a connection between the two, do you think surgery is the best option?

Dear nav
If you don't have asthma and you get "real" tonsillitis 3 times a year ( not just sore throats) yes you can have it removed. You may have a chronic allergic post nasal drip?