Question
Posted by: Christo | 2004/02/09

Tonsil problems

I have been ill from throat infections from July' 03 on a monthly basis. It has never been my tonsils directly but in January '04 I picked up glandular fever and this in turn infected my Tonsils according to my Doctor. Now a month later I again picked up a throat infection that has moved to my Tonsils again. It is extremely painful and as before has formed white patches all over my Tonsils. I have never been a sickly person and would in the past perhaps get ill once every two years. My immune system seems fine according to blood tests, but I just don't stay healthy.

Everybody says that I must remove my Tonsils as they are the cause of all these illnesses. Is that true, even if it was not my tonsils from July'03 - December '03 and only now?

Christo, from this side of the screen it sounds more like the tonsillitis is the result of something underlying rather than the cause. It is difficult to say what the problem is without being able to examine you, but my advice would be to first see a specialist physician before you have your tonsils removed. Good luck