Posted by: Sue | 2012/02/17


Hi Doc, I am 41 and lost a few kilo''s which is the best thing but now i have loose flabby skin, what can i do to tone my body please, im so despreate for help.

Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFitnessDoc

Hi Sue

I'm not sure what you've done to lose that weight, but if you're not already exercising, then that's what is needed now. With a focus on toning, but not neglecting the cardio training.

In terms of weight training, if you can identify and train every muscle group over a 3 day cycle, then you're doing well. For example, arms and upper body on Day 1, rest on Day 2, and then train Legs and back on Day 3, then you're doing it all. The specific exercises are best explained and demonstrated to you by someone in the gym. Toning is a patient process - it takes a fair amount of time to kick in, so give it months, not weeks, and just persist!

Good luck

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.