Question
Posted by: MJ | 2007/12/13

Toning

What I would like to know is, well I am a slim guy, good body and like to keep it in shape, I never really had a problem with gaining weight, but a while a go I got a little belly, and I have no idea on how to get it away. Is sit ups my best answer? But the most important what I want to know is, well my arms aren't very big, they bit skinny, and seeing as my body is (almost) in shape, my arms don't look very good with my body. I would like to get bigger arms, but not muscle arms, just tone them. Now we live in a small town where I can't just go out and buy dumbells and all those things or run to the gym and get into shape, so it's hard working on my arms. Please help me

Looking forward to hearing from you

Kind regards

Michael

Hi MJ

Sit ups is probably not the best answer, no. What you need to figure out is what caused this change to begin with. Why suddenly develop the belly? I'd hazard a guess that you probably have changed something - either your diet has changed (eating more food, or eating the wrong foods), or you've become less active (maybe you used to walk around a lot, now you drive and sit at a desk).

This tells you the answe - you need to do regular cardio type activities, bot for the arms and for the stomach. The cardio training is vital, because your problem is not simply lack of muscle, it's also excess body fat. So the cardio training, whcih burns the fat, is the best method of training. It must of course be combined with things like situps and arm exercises if you can do them (you can do pushups, tricep dips without weights, but if you can get some weights, it'll be a huge help), but it's the cardio that is especially important.