Posted by: Judy | 2012/02/15


Hi there, my question is two-fold. My mother is 61 years old. She does not drink any vitamins or tonics. she suffers from gout and has joint problems. What can she take that will not affect her gout but will give her energy and all the vitamins her body needs.
My father is also 61 years old and has been a type 1 diabetic for the past 29 years. he has to inject himself 3 times a day. I know that he is getting older, but he does not have any energy. he also does not take any vitamins and stuff. Someone mentioned Vit. B12 injections, will this work for him, or what else can you suggest.
Any feedback will be appreciated. regards.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I suggest that they consult a doctor for blood tests, in order to determine if they have a vitamin deficiency and/or electrolyte deficiency. It is important to treat your mother's gout and to be aware of her serum uric acid count. After the consultation with a doctor, you can discuss Vitamin and mineral supplementation. Encourage your mother to wear a copper bracelet, as the copper that is absorb by the body in small amounts, helps to prevent a gout attack.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.