advertisement
Question
Posted by: Malebo | 2006/04/06

Tongue Allergy

Hi,

I'm having a strange allergic reaction on my tongue. On Saturday I had some flavoured speciality tea (Orange, honey and Ginger). within 20 minutes of drinking that tea, my tongue started burning terribly! I ignored the feeling, but by lunch time I couldn't even eat. On Sunday, the same thing happened, by then I was now on bran flakes and milk as they were the only things I could take. On Monday I just couldn't take it, my tongue started to swell and I had some light bleeding and I then went to the doctor who suspected allergic reaction to one of the ingredients which is "Hibiscus". Initially when I went to the doctor, my sense of taste was also gone, but now it is back, but the strange thing is that everything is terribly very hot (Burning/chillie) even the sweet things like chocolates are so hot! I am on medication for 5 days, but am terribly worried as I now have cereals for breakfast, lunch and supper - this is now the fourth day! Should I just wait for the fifth day or just go for second opinion? Please help. do other people react to this hibiscus as well?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hi Malebo
Hang in there for a day or so - it may take a while to get better. You can also try eating Purity fruits and rinsing your mouth with Cepacaine to reduce the burning.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
advertisement