Question
Posted by: andy | 2004/10/11

Tone before December

If I begin Gyming now and start toning and do cardiovascular exercises 5 times a week, do you think it will be possible to lose about 10 kilos and be less flabby towards December. I am going away on the 10 of Dec and want to look my best? I am not overweight just chubby, please help and tell me if you think it is possible??

Thanks alot!

HI Andy

I think that 10 kg is very ambitious, particularly since you describe yourself as merely chubby and not overweight. Someone who is seriously overweight might be able to lose this weight in 3 months, but for you, it will be very difficult. However, I think that you have nothing to lose (Except weight!) and so whether or not you will succeed in losing 10 kg, you should go for it anyway. If you only lose 4 or 5 kg, is that a bad thing? I think it will be well worth your while to try.

The one thing that concerns me is that you would suddenly start gym now and then do 5 days a week and for most people that is a recipe for disaster. Very few people would be able to remain injury free by doing this. Therefore, I would suggest that you begin training 3 or 4 days a week for the rest of October and then go up to 5, otherwise by beginning of November you may be injured and that would be one step forward, two backwards.

1
Posted by: andy | 2004/10/11

Forfot to say I also follow a healthy High Protein Diet with limited fat.

Reply to andy