Question
Posted by: Repelsteeltjie | 2008/05/21

Toilets

Ok here's the deal.

Shouldn Lesbians and gay's have their own public toilets. I mean if a lesbian lady goes into the ladies , isnt it the same as a man that goes into the ladies. And visa versa for the gay chappies.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Repelsteeltjie and thanks for this post.

Initially I, like others, found your post offensive but you subsequently justified your post. I think it is insulting to suggest that gay and lesbian people are sex-starved, sex-crazed individuals intent on seducing straight people and attempting to peek at their private parts in public toilets! Being gay or lesbian is not only about sex- we also have bladders that need emptying.

In response to your subsequent post, as a gay man I would be offended by another gay man - or any other person, for that matter - not knocking and simply walking in when I'm in the bath. The same rules apply, irrespective of whether we're straight or gay. Would be cool with a straight man watching you in the shower? I doubt it - this isn't about sexual orientation but basic privacy.

14
Posted by: Ollie | 2008/05/22

Little Stingeltjie...
There's a lovely thing called a key - use it to lock the door! As lesbians, neither me nor my wife appreciate when people look at our privates. You need to go wear one of those nice tight white jackets that lets you hug yourself the whole time...

Reply to Ollie
Posted by: Stef | 2008/05/22

LOL

I actually have to laugh... u know why, cos this is such utter crap... when I am in a toilet(home/public/restroom) I actually have to go to the cubical, and not the urinal cos I cant pee in front of anyone, or have anyone looking at me... stage fright. so dont tell me that because Im gay I like straight or gay men looking at me and my privates cos that is so not true... dude, get a life, and leave us the hell alone...u have wasted so much energy writing on this forum that ACTUALLY has got nothing to do with you. go find a straight forum where u can discuss ur generalisations/stereotypes abt gay people...maybe they will listen to ur nonsense, but we wont.
goodbye...

Reply to Stef
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2008/05/22

Amen Ferny. Let this be the end of this stupid post

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: Ferny | 2008/05/22

OMG !!!!

Why don't we just have concentration camps for gays & lesbians!!! I mean....REALLY!!

Ja, i understand that your wife may have felt uncomfortable with your lesbian friend sitting in the bathroom BUT then why not do something about that. Thats is your wife's issue not every gay & lesbian person's out there!!

And furthermore how do you know that "most gay & lesbians love it most of the time if straight people look at their privates"!! Have you done a survey??????? I have never heard such crap in my life!! I can guarantee you that my son & his partner would most definitely NOT be happy with ANYONE- gay or otherwise - looking at their privates!!

I think in future you should think before you generalise & don't make YOUR issues with gays & lesbians become their issues!!

Regards - Ferny
(Proud mom of a gay son & future son-in-law)

Reply to Ferny
Posted by: Deeve | 2008/05/21

Hey Repelwhatever,
I'm still totally confused man! Why do you find your Lesbian friend a threat? I realise that it may have been odd for her to barge in the bathroom, but:
1. Why did she do it?
2. Why didn't your wife tell her she'll see her just now, and show her out?
3. Why didn't you call her and quietly remove her, with an offer of tea or something?
Your comment that this is the same as your male friends entering the bathroom doesn't gell...it insinuates that you see this lady as a man.....or what?? Now is this seriously how you feel about Lesbians, or a so called 'friend'? Is this actually what this post is all about?
Please don't get freaked with my questions...I just know that the Lesbian Community will slice you up if they see your posting...and they have every right to. It's one thing posting questions here, but most definitely another when you voice your distaste of a Community on their own forum.
Your turn.......

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2008/05/21

You should speak to your lesbian friend about it. It seems that you find her actions unacceptable and maybe project it into that all gay people will act in similar fashion. Generalizations are always dangerous. Of course there are some men I would love to see naked, but aren’t there some women you would love to see naked?

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: Repelsteeltjie | 2008/05/21

Ok Lonewolf maybe the toilet was the wrong way to go about it. Read my posting above .

Reply to Repelsteeltjie
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2008/05/21

This is getting interesting. Firstly, I would like Repelsteeltjie to qualify his statement, and I quote “The thing is gays and Lesbians love it most of the time if straight people look at their privates, on the other hand Straight people don’t like it if gays and Lesbians look at our privates”. It might be true, and might not be; any background on the source of your information? You make it sound like we are a bunch of perverts. Secondly, how are you going to manage such a setup? Are we going back to the Nazi era where gay people had been marked and separated from the rest of the so-called normal people? Are we going back to Apartheid? No, Repelsteeltjie, I think you should take a serious look at yourself and maybe consider some treatment for your homophobia. Why do we give you the creeps? Are you perhaps fighting something that is hidden below the surface of your O-so straight image? Come on, be a man and tell us what really bothers you.

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: Repelsteeltjie | 2008/05/21

Ok let me put it simple .

We ( me and the wife )have a very good friend who just happens to be a lesbian.On Saturday she came round for a visit . My wife was in the bath at the time , and she walked in without knocking and sat with my wife during her bath.
Nowe is that not the same as one of my straight male friends walking in on my wife taking a bath.

And yes my wife was uncomfortable.

Reply to Repelsteeltjie
Posted by: Deeve | 2008/05/21

OK..your posting is clearer now. And NO, post 99 is not an acceptable situation to most of us either. Please don't paint everyone with the same brush.
I'm not going to try defend anything, or anyone here, but one thing I do know, is that MOST Guys at the Gym(for instance), compare themselves with ANYONE that's in the bathrooms, be that they're Gay or Straight. It appears to be a natural instinct of Guys to know whether they're better endowed than the next...well thats what I've noticed. Many a time, I've been minding my own business at the Gym, only to notice that the Married fellow in the shower opposite me is having a real good look...? So whats your comments now...??

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: Repelsteeltjie | 2008/05/21

Lol Oh my , look at my spelling , my bad.

Reply to Repelsteeltjie
Posted by: Repelsteeltjie | 2008/05/21

I dont know , its just I find it creep going to the loo and some gay chappie is trying to have a look at my privates . I feel degraded .Then we might as well just have one toilet for all.

Go and read posting 99 . Some gay shappies think they can feel anybody up.

The thing is gays and Lesbians love it most of the time if straigt people look at their privates , on the other hand Straight people dont like it if gays and Leabians look at our privates.

Reply to Repelsteeltjie
Posted by: Deeve | 2008/05/21

This forum appears to be going 'off the rails' again!
Please, if you don't have a 'decent' contribution to make here, then rather don't post at all.
Most of us will find your posting in absolute distaste - it's not at all funny to anyone in the Gay Community.
Seriously, what went through your mind when you posted such garbage on a public forum? You're seriously warped my friend.

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2008/05/21

What about separate facilities with bars on the windows for lunatics such as you.

Reply to LONEWOLF