Question
Posted by: Ron | 2005/07/28

Toenails won't grow

My second toe's nail stopped growing, became a little thicker and ripped off one day, i only have half a nail now and it has not grown an inch ever since. What can i do to get the nail growing again? It's only the one toe and i've massaged it and are taking circulation medication, to no prevail. Can you please give me some advice. Thanks

Expert ImageArchive

Sadly when a nail bed or matrix cells (the cells that produce a nail ) get injured and damaged it is usually permanent. and there is no way back.
I do advise you to go for a consultation with a podiatrist as it may be something else that is treatable
Call the South African Podiatry assn 0861 100 249