Question
Posted by: Nicki | 2004/09/24

Toenail

Hi Cyberdoc

I am 28 years old, and my big toenail has falled off. I used to pick it when i was young and as a result it looked quite damaged and dead and now it finally fell off.

What are my options now? It looks terrible..my cuticle has sort of grown over the area where my nail was and the skin is rough and uneven. I am very self conscious of it and cant wear open sandals.

Will the nail grow back? Or can i get a false nail?

Thanks,
Nicki

Nicki, the nail might grow back, so give it some time. A false nail needs to be glued to something and as there is no nail, what are you going to glue it to? :-) If there is nothing growing back within the next 4 weeks, the best would be to see a dermatologist and find out what your options are. Good luck.