Question
Posted by: bridget | 2004/01/28

Toe Nail problem

I noticed a few months ago that my toe nails started going white in patches. This has worsened over the months and the nails seem to break easily and are all almost completely white now. I went to Chemist.. he said it isn't a fungal infection because my toe nails don't change to a brownish colour and advised that it was probably due to a lack of Calcium. I'm a bit puzzled by this because I eat a great deal of dairy products and have extremely strong teeth and bones. For example I am now 31 years old and don't have any fillings in my teeth. What is your opinion on this?

Bridget, your toe nails don’t have to change colour when you have an infection. Thee best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.