Question
Posted by: ugly feet | 2008/01/26

Toe Fungus

After 4 years of battling with a toe fungus i picked up in hospital, my big toenails are starting to really discolour. The one has gone black and when i put clove oil on it changed the composition of my toenail. It almost looks all chalky and rigid. I want to use an antibiotic but i am breastfeeding and i am allergic to penicillan. Please help!!!!!!

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

You can use Diflocan for a period of about 10 weeks. You do need a prescription for this anti-fungal medication but I do suggest that you have nail clippings send away for analysis, in order to confirm a fungal infection.

Kind regards