Question
Posted by: Natasha | 2007/08/13

Toddlers and vitamins

From what age should you introduce vitamins to a toddler?

Dear Natasha
Generally speaking it should not be necessary for toddlers to take vitamins and mineral supplements if they are eating a balanced diet and have not been ill. Click on 'Child' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read all the articles on 'Diets for Toddlers', to see what and how much toddlers should be eating. If your child does not eat well or if the diet is unbalanced then it may be a good idea to have his/her health assessed and if the Paediatrician should recommend extra vitamins and/or minerals, to give the child such supplements.

1
Posted by: tina | 2007/08/13

I started at about 6 months with the Milkra omega oils and because my son was a bit underweight his pediatrician advised that we should give him Zinplex syrup and it will give him appetied it works and now and again i swop with Viral he is 34 months and he is healthy and brilliant. I will change the omega oils to 3-4yrs which the brand is Eyed omega oils 3,6. Good luck.

Reply to tina