Posted by: Rhoda | 2008/07/09

toddler's strange stools

My son(2years 11 months) is passing stools that contains small black round things, the stool is the normal color but with these black dots that I don't know what they are, he does not seem to have any pain or discomfort, and he does not look sick, this happened twice that is why I'm starting to worry, it was first on Sunday then Monday he did not pass stools, then Tuesday he passed the same kind of stools. he is eating well and he does not have a fever

what could this be?

Hi Rhoda
It is difficult to say without seeing this - does not sound like bleeding to me - could it be that he is taking iron supplements or any medication at the moment? Ask your GP/ clinic sister to have a look at the stool?