Question
Posted by: nicky | 2002/12/13

toddler with rash

Hi my son is 3 years old, but suffer from a rash in his face, on his arms and legs. The doc`s said its linked with allergies, and he has asthma aswell. Me tried creams, cortisone etc. which do help 4 about a day or so but then int returns with a vengange!!!The experts say he is to young for testing 4 allergies, but I feel so sorry 4 him, what do u suggest I do?

Dear Nicky
I think that you should a) get a second opinion from a Dermatologist because he could be suffering from eczema or atopic dermatitis b)consult a clinical dietitian (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings, but keep in mind that most people are on holiday right now) c) carry on with the cortisone creams until you can get appointments.
Hang in there