Question
Posted by: Lolly | 2006/11/06

Toddler toe walking and achilles tendon

I have been advised that my daughter's toe walking is linked to a short achilles tendon and that her feet should rotate at 30 degrees but only rotate at about 10 degrees. I was referred to a paediatric orthopaedic surgeon who would probably prepare a splint for her to wear. My question is would it be beneficial to consult with a chiro first instead of going the splinting and surgery route with a surgeon? Thanks.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

A Podiatrist would probably be a good option before surgery is considered. Paediatric Orthopods are expert in this field - and I advise the opinion of a Podiatrist with the greatest respect.