Question
Posted by: trace | 2005/11/30

toddler sleeping pattern

my niece of 2yrs7mnths does not have a sleep pattern,she only wants to sleep with somebody in the bed and if a good night goes to bed then sleeps for a few hours then wakes and says the bed is fighting with her,mom is due to deliver 2nd baby and the older one does not sleep well,should we get a sedative for a while to use,then wean off , if so what should we use,can we use vallergan drops?

Trace, the best would be to discuss it with her paediatrician and maybe get a mild sedative to get her in a good sleep routine. Normally I don’t advocate sedatives, but it sounds like time is running out as her mother will be delivering soon. Good luck.