Question
Posted by: lies bi friends | 2007/04/17

today not a gud day :-(

well today was not a gud day, not many people here from me here but im thinking maybe its time to be surounded by "family"
I came out to my family 5 months ago, they accepted me but the area that i live in, is tearing me appart with rumors and name calling, no one knows they just guess, how can people be so crule, and plain right stupid im so desperate to get out of this place so i can be on my own and move on with my life, im actually starting to hate myself.

if there is anyone here that can give me some kind of support i would greatly appreciate it.

I wish they would make an island for gays and lesbians so that we can all live in peace, and whoever came up with the word dyke i wish i could rip his head off with my bare hands.

sorry to put so much negativity im just really battling today.

Love you's all and honestly this is the only place where i feel i have a family.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

A warm welcome to the forum Lies bi friends and thanks for posting here. Your sense of isolation and frustration in the face of the crude ignorance and prejudice you're experiencing touches us all.

Most importantly you need to know that there's nothing 'wrong' with you - the reality is that the small-minded people around you have a problem. Don't let them cause you to doubt yourself or to break you down. If there is a counsellor in your area - a psychologist or social worker - you could benefit from a process of counselling to help you resolve and overcome this irrational nonsense you're exposed to.

Can you tell us what town you're in? There may be someone in a town near you who has experienced the same sense of alienation - maybe others can tell you how they coped with, or even how they managed to overcame this.

Please feel free to post again - I hope we'll hear from you soon.

2
Posted by: Deeve | 2007/04/17

Hey LBF,
All of us here will give you support and chat to you whenever you need it. A lot of us have been where you are now.....not cool at all. Somehow you need to become strong, and just get on with your life and ignore the folk that are putting obstacles in your way. Not easy...I know. But just come chat with us, and I know you will get sound and very varied advice from the crowd here. You sound like you are in a small isolated environment...maybe someone who is coping with small town rumours etc. can comment, and help LBF..?

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: Cindy | 2007/04/17

I am not in your situation, but have before been ostrecised by friends, family and collegues through an affair that I had with a married man. I know how it feels to be isolated and condemned by ppl that dont know you, that don't know what you're going through and where you are in your life. I am here and available to chat anytime. my email is <<<<<deleted>>>>>>>. Lots of love, Cindy

Reply to Cindy