Question
Posted by: :) | 2005/11/25

To Yellow Re: Christian girl dating jewish guy - is it a lost case?

He Yellow, Unfortunately I dont have time to visit this site as often as I would like but thought you may benifit from my post that I fear may have been lost in the pile ;)

Subject: RE: Christian girl dating jewish guy - is it a lost case?
Posted by: :)
Message:
Hi Yellow,

Im sorry to hear about about your friend. I work in the Jewish community and see numerous cases of a partner converting to Judiasm. Its a fairly simple procedure which works the same as any other religion. There are many that marry non- Jewish girls, I think it basically boils down to how traditional that individuals values are. I also see many cases of Jewish partners converting to their boyfriend / girlfriends faith.

Unfortunately this highlights a very important lesson. I think discussing religion is AS important as discussing having kids or any of the other fundimentals before persuing a serious relationship.

Thanks for reposting a helpful response

1
Posted by: Yellow | 2005/11/29

Just picked up the response today, thank you. The problem is that conversion is a major thing. I doubt if this girl will convert to Judaism just to get him to marry her. What gets me is that she is really a sweet girl (much younger than me) but overweight, and I think she stays with him because he accepts her like this and she perhaps feels that she wont find anyone else. I dont think he is using her on purpose, I just think he is tied into the belief structure and does not know how to get around it. At the end of the day she is going to want to get married and have kids at some stage, every woman wants that security from a man, and some woman get to the stage that they really want children. Is she wasting her youth on this guy, who knows. Should she look for someone who loves her and wants to commit to her? Will she find better than what she has? I wonder what would happen if she fell pregnant. It actually worries me.

Reply to Yellow