Question
Posted by: Me | 2007/12/10

To worry or not

Went hiking Saturday along route where many people hiked that day. Got scratched through my shorts by a piece of branch right in the path where everbody have to pass. I checked my leg, it didn't look scratched open or even red anywhere, but on Sunday afternoon, it itched at the area where the branch scratched and I noticed two spots like insects bites there. (I passed there second in our group, not worried about the person in our group). Should I worry about HIV if somebody scratched themselves there just before our group passed?

Dear Me
You really don't have to worry about getting infected by this.

1

is this a joke??? i can't believe that someone can still believe you can get HIV like this!

no - you can not get HIV from scratching yourself on a branch! you have to have sex with an infected person or in contact with HIV blood, semen.

wake up!