Question
Posted by: MICHELLE | 2004/02/25

TO WENDY

Could you help me with htis then please.

My last period was a 21 day cycle and it was on the 27.1.04-3.2.04.

I started my periodpreperly yesterdat 24.2.04 and i should be finished Monday 1.3.04 or 2.3.04

So my next period after this one should be on the 15.3.04 so that me ovulating around the 2.3.04 doesnt it?

What should i do with the ovualting kit? and will it tell me the exact date on when i should ovulate.

People say have sex 2 days before ovulation but i my case 2 days before ovulation will be Sun which means i will be still on slightly wont i?

Wendy is correct. Your cycle is 28 days, not 21 days. So your next period should start on 23rd March.

2
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/02/25

Michelle,
Just to tell you how I worked out the 28 days, the first day of your last cycle was the 27 Jan so that is day 1 and you started your next on the 24 of Feb, so the 23rd of Feb was the last day of that cycle making it 28 days. Ovulation occurs around 14 days before your next cycle is expected to start, so in otherwords 14 days back from 22 March would be 8 March. Yes you do need to have sex at least 1 or 2 days before ovulation so that is why you would start with sex no later than about day 10.

I've done lots of reading on the menstrual cycle as mine was such a mess so am pretty sure I have this right and might also explain why you've had no luck so far, maybe your timing has just been out. Let me know if you need any other info.

Wendy

Reply to Wendy
Posted by: WEndy | 2004/02/25

Hey Michelle,

Actually you have a perfect 28 day cycle, you count from the first day of your last period until the day before your next starts. Your next would actually start around the 22 March so ovulation would be around the 8th. Does this make sense to you? Now banking on your cycle being regular, in otherwords around 28 days again you would need to start having sex every second day from around day 10 so would not be on your period, if you are going to use the ovulation kit start testing on day 10 of your cycle as well, so in otherwords the 4th of March. The kit will tell you 24 to 36 hours before you ovulate, when it is positive have sex the first day it turns positive and the next, skip one day and then have a final try. Don't have sex everday of your cycle as this doesn't give the sperm enough time to build up. Hope this helps.

Reply to WEndy