Question
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/09/21

TO: VS (Jealous or Not)

Come back here & submit a fresh post. I am very eager to hear how things turned out.
Have your hopes up there, but don't have any expectations ok. Expectations set us up for disappointment.
I am glad you are looking forward to seeing your friend again. Lets hope that it all turns out well.

Best of luck VS, remember, just be a very good friend...

Till later,
Shaun

Interested in the distinction you make between hopes and expectations. Maybe Hopes mean "I'd really like it to be X, but I can cope if it isn't", and Expectations means "It really has to be X and I'll be devastated if it's anything else."