Question
Posted by: Liza | 2005/12/06

To Valkyrie

You're house-sitting and playing nanny to two dogs. Are there any logical reasons for doing all the spoiling you've been doing? e.g. Low fence they can jump over during the night and go missing etc.

I'm going to be blunt - they need their food and vitamins. Their breed is especially prone to hip problems that can be postponed or prevented with a proper diet. So that really needs to be done. With everything else - can the dogs tattle on you? I love animals, but there are limits to everything. My dogs have NEVER been allowed to sleep in the house. As long as they have shelter for bad weather - let them sleep outside!

I had to house-sit my sisters house once. She also had strict instructions about caring for her dogs. The one was starved, and one of the others received way too much food. Only one got the right amount. She expected me to give a growing Alsatian the same amount of food as her border-collie. Sometimes you just have to use some common sense.

,,,,,

13
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/12/08

Wit Zombie: Gisteraand het ek met hulle gaan draf en toe het ons gaan swem. Ek wou hom verwurg veral die jongste een ekht hom op die eetkamer tafel gevang dat hy die rose uit die rangskikking uit haal, maar ek het besluit dit is nie die moeite werd om my bloeddruk op te laat jaag nie. Ek glo nie animal lover is sulke luukshede gewoont nie....miskien moet ek hom die naweek by die honde laat kom kuier.

Reply to Valkyrie
Posted by: Wit Zombie | 2005/12/07

Ek dink animal lover moet uitgesit word in die aande net voor bedtime met n bord blaarslaai. Hallo Valkyrie. Speak jou mind - dis die kern van die Wit Zombie fanclub.

Reply to Wit Zombie
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/12/07

Okay, seeing that you are all so critical Let me expalin in plain language. Those dogs ripped my blouse into strips, my diary, my Xmas Decoration that i made for their neighbor (do you remember ordering it neighbor, you must still pay me), they chewed the telephone cable and the owners did warn me that they like chewing things. SO DON'T COME AND TELL ME IT IS BECAUSE THEY MISS THEIR OWNERS THEY DID IT WHILE THEY WERE STILL THERE!!!! By the way I have been house sitting this house for the past 10 years so I know that house in and out and the owner would not let anyone else but me in there.
Rugy, thanks that is exactly what I am going to do. They slept outside last night and at 5 this morning I went to see what they were doing and they were both in the swimming pool actually ducking each other. If they slept inside they would have to wait until I get up on the morning.

Reply to Valkyrie
Posted by: waterblom | 2005/12/07

How can you take the responsibility to look after these animals and then decide, because it suits you, to let them sleep outside?.
I am sure you didn't do it.

Reply to waterblom
Posted by: Ruby | 2005/12/07

Valkyrie, ignore them man, of course it is not cruel for them to sleep outside in a doghouse with lots of blankets. Plus - its the middle of summer!

You are the boss, not them.

To Animal Lover - my uncle is a vet, and his dogs a rotweiler and a jack russel both sleep outside in their kennel, and are much loved and well cared for.

Reply to Ruby
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/12/07

Neighbour you are dreaming or yu are sleeping with someone else's partner those dog never but never go out of the yard unless on a leash.....so make sure you get into the righ bed tonight. I would love to see those two dogs eat the mudflaps of a wheelchair - that is yurs remember you were in a shooting accident.....

Reply to Valkyrie
Posted by: Neighbour | 2005/12/06

I've looked after them on many occasions. They once chewed through my car's two mudflaps but they are just such adorable animals that I forgave them. So just know I'll be watching you tonight. Dogs are also entitled to live like humans, just like you!

Reply to Neighbour
Posted by: Animal Lover | 2005/12/06

I can just laugh at you because you are so pathetic you and your'e so called Wit Zombie fanclub

Reply to Animal Lover
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/12/06

Animal Lover I can guarantee you those doggs have better lives than you will ever have. We have a great time playing on the grass swimming in the pool and they love being brushed but I am not going to let a dog rule my life and these are not the first dogs I have looked after. They sleep in a doggy house bigger than most shacks are. But I don't have to explain myself to anyone.
Neighbor why dont you look after them for one night......and we'll see what you say.

Reply to Valkyrie
Posted by: Animal Lover | 2005/12/06

If you look at her postings I am not suprised that she will treat a dog this way. They are missing there family thats why they ate your stuff of maybe they just don't like you. And for you Lisa there people that treat the dogs with love and let them stay in the house. I hate it when people say they love animals but as long as they get food and vitamins they can sleep outside as long as they've got shelter for the rain. You suck both of you

Reply to Animal Lover
Posted by: Neighbour | 2005/12/06

I'm watching you Valkyrie. You dare expose those two lovable animals to the cold outside and I'll tell you-know-who. He will lose it and you know what that means? How can you even contemplate something so cruel?

Reply to Neighbour
Posted by: Animal Lover | 2005/12/06

And you say you love animals Liza I don't think so

Reply to Animal Lover
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/12/06

Liza. I have decided these two dogs are going to sleep outside to-night Last night I left my manicure set and little daily prayer boek that my mom gave me just before she passed away. One of them got onto the table and ripped everything to pieces I could have cried. After to night they will be dogs. They have a lovely big dog house big enought for 3 huge dogs and 5 blankets and 3 stuffed doggy duvets. To night is the night!

Reply to Valkyrie