Question
Posted by: Whattodo | 2005/12/01

To Twink

I think we should hook up. We are both from Durban, our music tastes are suited and why the hell not? 27, male, black hair, brown/green eyes, 1.76, 69kg

I agree with the concerns expressed, and the explanations given. We're not here for dating ( there are enough gruesome sites doing that !) --- but if regulars here want to contact each other and exchange email addresses, that's OK, just keep it brief. And good luck !

23
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/01

Frusty, Tango and all friends - yes looking for that person(s) to talk and share with, BUT, maybe I have too much baggage at the moment. you all seem to have it under control now and I feel u do not need or want to go through it again with me or any other person and it would not be right to expect u to. But I love u all. Tks

Reply to Jakes
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

Tango, so what does that tell you? Maybe we are right? I really think the two of you would have a lot to talk about and in common. So nice to have friends that you can just talk to.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/01

You are the second person to post that!

Reply to Tango
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

You know what, guys? I really think that Jakes and Tango would make good friends. You both seem to have something that the other could learn from.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/01

This Xmas it will just be me & my husband & the kids...
Got no time for the family anymore....turn my back & they sart warra-warra

Just us...is happy & nice.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/01

Tango - i found out that family is actually the "grootste skinderbekke" especially at get togethers. I do not know your life but looks like u got it together and got on with it - enjoying it. I envy - no it is the wrong word - admire u and all u other guys for getting it right. But christmas and holidays .....

Reply to Jakes
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/01

Thanks Frusty - I have been ignoring it a lot but its here upon us and will not go away till the second on January 2006 will it!!??

Reply to Tango
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

You know how to reach me, Tango.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/01

I find its at times like now - year end and Christmas that I need my friends more. It is not my favorite time of the year and I always take leave as its convenient from a work perspective to do so. Most times both my kids are away doing their thing and I have to make a sterling effort to get through it all. Family - well, I have found out I can not rely on them, but my friends - oh wow! They are my life savers!!

Reply to Tango
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

Delene, I agree with you 100%. I love it when he teases me about pouting and stomping around.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/01

Jakes...you are so sweet.
I dont think you are capable of offending sumone.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

No, it is not wrong, Jakes. Some of us have managed somehow to get in contact off the forum and I have personally made quite a few friends. Good ones. Most of the people on the forum are good, decent, caring individuals that have been through the mill and yet still want to help others by using their experiences as guidelines. Shows you just how wonderful they are, not so?

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/01

Reading all this makes me want to just cry. People on this forum, especially me at the moment want to reach out to others in asking for help or giving it, but I am too afraid of asking someone for email address or other contact. I am afraid to offend others and for the continued existence of this forum, but .... would it be so wrong to just want to reach out?

Reply to Jakes
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/01

Hi Frusty - today is the first day I am in my chair by my pc - you will get your mail - soon I promise. I am well thanks - and you? Just counting the seconds now till I go on leave!!

Reply to Tango
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

Hey Tango! How are you doing? Still waiting for the mail. Was not able to open the last one.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/01

Never made a FRIEND here,

Not really a friend-person.....just like to be between people & talk to people.
But thihk its great to found sumone you can trust & talk to

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/01

I have made some good friends here and we mail off the site. I think its nice if that happens and life time supportive friendships can start here.

Reply to Tango
Posted by: Whattodo | 2005/12/01

It's all good. I didn't mean to cause any hassles. I too value this forum and do not wish to damage it in any way. I am honestly just trying to make a friend with someone that I have supported and that has supported me.

Faith and Forza.

Reply to Whattodo
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

Parabola, love your reference to the vacuum! You have my respect for apologising.

Whattodo, how are you doing? You seem a bit more up-beat.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Parabola | 2005/12/01

Ok ok fair enough.

All i'm saying is don't loose sight of the forums purpose, or it will deteriorate into trash, CS will leave and in a blink it will all be over.

I am merely looking out for the interests of a forum that means a lot to me.

I apologise, and attempt to vacuum up any grief i may have caused.

Reply to Parabola
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/01

Parabola, I agree that its not a dating site.......

However, its on this site they met......
many friends are being made on here, and if people wanna get together, who are we to stop them?

And many things get said on here thats not directly shrinky related......car-talk, just thoughts, recipies as i saw the other day....and jokes
Emotionally, its good to make friends.....
and sumtimes its good for the forum to be a little bit light-hearted as well.
the heavy serious stuff sumtimes get abit much

But again, is just one of those things you didnt need to read....It was addressed to twinky?
If you dont like it...just pass....

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Whattodo | 2005/12/01

Parabola, I appreciate your comment but let me tell you that I use this forum for what it is. I have offered advice and support to many including twink, and I have also received much advice. I am not abusing it or using it for dating. I have had some good conversations with twink here and wouldn't mind meeting her and this is the only way I know how to contact her.

Reply to Whattodo
Posted by: Parabola | 2005/12/01

Ok enough. This is not a dating/chat/pickup forum. It's a forum for people with problems.

Take this sort of chat elsewhere please. It really does detract from the forums purpose.

Thanks.

Reply to Parabola