Question
Posted by: Summerbunny | 2004/10/01

To ToB:

yeah i did get several good jobs after that and am still currently employed. I was fortunate that i was not dismissed but asked to resign and had to forfeit my provident fund to the company - wasn't much any way as i had only worked there for less than a year!

Well now its a drama/episode in my life that i prefer not to think about. Also i did not put these people down on my cv as i did not trust them to give me a good reference at all - why should they after what i did?

Impressive story, K !

2
Posted by: ToB | 2004/10/01

I allocated the money to Tea & Coffee which is normally quite high because of the other office. Also I broke the amount up into smaller amounts but allocated to the same account .

I think irrespective of me getting found out or not I will look for a job somewhere else with no responsibility for any cash whats so ever!

Reply to ToB
Posted by: K | 2004/10/01

I also made a stupid mistake at a Co that i worked for for 9 years. At the time it felt as if my whole world was going to crumble. Luckily, although it was a large Co, the people who mattered knew why I took the cash and understood. They asked me to resign and luckly I didn't forfeit any money, I didn't even have to replay what I took.

I still blame my ex - we had 4 boys, I was in and out of therapy, sleep treatment every weekend, i was using 3 GP's for extra transquilisers, sleeping piils and anti-depressants and I drinking like a fish. He just didn't seem to care, it was still my responsibility to make sure there was food, rent money etc. all he did was blow his money on booze and his family.

Looking back, I think that it was a great turning point. Because I lost my job I lost my medical aid. No more 'drugs'. I left the boys with my ex for two years, moved to Jhb (from Pta) and made a new start. I now have a good job, a new man in my life a beautiful daughter, and have the boys back. We have just moved into a lovely new house and (i have to be careful how I put this, I will not have as much as an aspirin in the house because I am so weak when it comes to tablets.

I am trying so hard not to sound condescending - the medication that doctors supply does work but not when you abuse it they was I did.

Sometimes we need to take a step back and look at things from the outside in.

Good luck to all that visit this site. I wish I could have talked to all of you 10 years ago, the support and love is amazing, it actually radiates!

Reply to K