Question
Posted by: Zanie | 2004/11/08

to thin

I would just like to know if my waight is normal for my height.

I weigh 52kg and is 1.64 m tall.

My mother tells me every day that I'm to thin. Is this true?

Dear Zanie
Your present BMI = 19,3, is still in the normal range (18-25), but it is very low so that you probably don't have any reserves in case you should fall ill or be exposed to stress. I would recommend that you should weigh 59 kg to have an ideal BMI of 22.

2
Posted by: Amber | 2004/11/08

Your BMI is only 19, (a normal BMI is between 20 and 25). I don't know how old you are. If you are under 18, it may be okay, but if you are over 18 and you have a BMI of 19, you are definitely underweight and definitely at increased risk of developing osteoporosis. Women who have a BMI below 22 are sometimes also less fertile than those with a BMI above 22.

Reply to Amber
Posted by: Zee | 2004/11/08

I think ur mother is right. You should be between 55kg - 65kg, given ur height.

Reply to Zee