Question
Posted by: Desperate | 2005/11/22

To the Fertility Exp. ED and Trying to conceive

I've been ttcing for the past 3 years my hubby was requested to do semen analyisis but for some customary reasons he did'nt go he's an African so I assume that he doesn't think the problem is his. Now recently I was reading about Erectile Dysfunction and the symptoms matched his this is been going on for 3 months now. The other day he's fine but for most of the time he'can't get an erection, in simple terms we only have sex maybe 5 times a month which som of the time it's not my ovulation period. I've copied him those articles on ED and he understands that he need help and now wants to see the Doc. We are around JHB would you kindly advise us where to go because this is getting serious.

Dear Desperate

The problem of erectile dysfunction (ED) is increasingly common and it needs to be addressed. It can be a contributory factor to infertility. However, other causes of infertility. male and female, needs to be excluded. I would recommend that he visits a urologist or alternately a fertility centre where the ED can be discussed and treated/managed appropriately.

It is also important that a thorough semen analysis be conducted to exclude the possibility of sperm abnormalities as well as infections.