Question
Posted by: not my usual nic | 2005/12/15

To the Ex

Hey Ex

Well, the year end is here and before I go on leave I want to write you this final email for the year.

What a year it has been hey Ex? I want to tell you that I am so happy our paths crossed again after quite some time since our first meeting, and that we were able to be intimate for a while. I loved being with you and I loved you. I had so much fun and felt like I was walking on water when I was around you. I am filled with emotion as I write this to you because the memories are still so fresh and so fond.

You were an amazing experience for me which has taught me so much about myself. I have grown immensely since our relationship and I have learnt some valuable lessons about love and letting go. I can only hope that you too have learnt some lessons and grown from the experience. I don't for a second regret anything. It's the truth. I would do it all over again Ex. I really would, just to experience those 4 happy months together.

I can't believe that one fight ended it all for us but that isn't about me and I know it. I pray that you don't allow this to happen again Ex. I hope you don't do this to the next guy you are with. Try not to allow fear to overcome you like this again. Don't throw love away for fear of the past. This simply allows the past to continue to dominate you. Do your best to communicate and to let go of the past. You deserve a good man Ex, not a needy man that you can control, and not a man that will pay you no attention at all. Don't allow the past to continue to make you miserable in the future. Try not to put yourself through too much heartache. You may think you are feeling no pain and you can cope with all this but deep down where you have this all bottled up it is hurting you Ex. It hurts you so much that you have to continuously rearrange things in your head to convince you that you are right so you don't have to face your true feelings. Having different tastes in music is hardly cause for letting love go. Deal with it and move forward. Life is short and not so great if you don't share it with reckless abandonment with someone.

To end, let me tell you that you made me feel more alive than ever before. I felt so alive being loved by you and I felt so alive through the excruciating pain that I suffered when you stopped loving me and dragged me along, lied to me and behaved like a teenage school girl in dealing with our relationship. One of the worst things you did was disappoint me. I thought you were braver, more honest and more mature. If love, emotional bonds formed with others and relationships lived were likened to drugs, then you were my first taste of heroine. Intense in the connection formed and unimaginably painful in the detox. It's all good though, life is a teacher and I was part of it's greater plan to teach you something. Now I'm a little stained but will be clean soon.

God Bless you. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you and your entire family.

"My heart is broke but I have some glue."

Goodbye

Great leter, beautifully and sincerely written. There may be no need to send it so long as it has brought you some peace, but she may gain usefully from it, too.

11

I agree FIO. Let God forgive her. My reason for not sending the email is beacuse she will read it but feel nothing, thus why bother. Time will teach her but my part in this is done I think.

Reply to not my usual nic
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/15

She'll read it, but probably wont respond to it.

I had a girlfriend who tracked me down 13 years after we broke. How she found me I have no idea. Anyway, she had been living with guilt for so long, and finally wanted to apolgise for all she did to me.

I told her to F..off.

My reason: She was only apologising to rid herself of the guilt she had been living with. If it was me she really cared about, she would have done it a long time ago, not waited this long. Just because she had become a reborn Christian, now she wanted forgiveness. Let God forgive her.

Reply to figured it out

It has brought me some peace and especially sharing it with you guys. Truth be told I haven't heard from her in 3 weeks now and we had agreed to be friends so I feel that sending this has no point as she won't even take note of it. She has blocked all her emtions out so this letter will be wasted on her. Thanks again all of you for listening.

Reply to not my usual nic
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/15

Hi Nina,

No, not this one. I know who this is from. I did mine a couple weeks ago, and now gone past that stage of needing to express my hurt and sadness to her.

How are you doing?

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/15

hi there

it's the best i've read in a long time

i thought it was from FIO.......
might still be ....

you have come a long way and i wish you only happiness and peace

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Shakira | 2005/12/15

I think the decision on whether to send it or not should be based on what will give you closure. I have also written a letter to someone, putting down my deepest thoughts and emotions, addressed it to them, kept it for a few days, then tore it up. I never intended to send it in the first place, because that was closure enough... It was like a emotional and even physical release.
I admire your love for her. How much more worthy is the love you give when someone painfully kicks you in the gut and you still wish them well..
xx

Reply to Shakira
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/15

Remember my Bitter Goodbye letter? I sent it. You have to send it, why not? Thoughts and feelings are meaningless and pointless if no-one knows about them.

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: Cutie | 2005/12/15

plz do send it, she deserves to read it even though i will bring her to tears. all the best with your healing process

Reply to Cutie

I haven't sent it. Don't think there is any point. T^hanks for the kind words.

Reply to not my usual nic
Posted by: lulu | 2005/12/15

Wow... You're a much better person than me. I couldn't (and still can't) say such nice things about my ex...

I hope your pain heals quickly and I hope that you find someone you deserve.

Reply to lulu
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/15

Great letter, and I know how your heart is broken, and still will be for a while. Each day that goes by I am getting better and better with my saga, so time does heal. This is just a crappie time of the year to have to be healing!

Keep your side of the slate clean, and sleep at night with your clear conscience. You know that she is not oblivious to the truth and reality. She feels too, even though she doesn't and wont show it.

Your broken heart will heal, and someone will come along into your life who will be worthy of your love and heart, and will reciprocate.

Take care...

Reply to figured it out