Question
Posted by: High | 2003/02/27

To the Doc

I'm on cronic high blood pressure tablets for three years , and have been suffering from erectile disfunction from day one using the medication. My GP has changed my medication a few times , with no better results.Do you think I can use Viagra safely with my condition.?

ED is common in men with hypertension.

Vascular disease is the most common cause of ED.
2 out of 3 men with hypertension have ED to some degree
Sexual dysfunction may be one of the major contributors to noncompliance with antihypertensive medications 5
“Although patients with hypertension visited physicians regularly for the treatment of hypertension, the majority did not receive therapy for erectile dysfunction.”
—Burchardt et al

VIAGRA improved erections in 7 out of 10 men with all degrees of ED severity and hypertension
VIAGRA—effective for ED in 82% of men with mild to moderate ED and hypertension

VIAGRA® (sildenafil citrate)
The safety profile of VIAGRA remains strong in men taking multiple antihypertensive medications
VIAGRA also improved erections in men with hypertension and a history of smoking
“[VIAGRA] is an effective and well-tolerated treatment for ED in patients taking concomitant antihypertensive medication, including those on multidrug antihypertensive regimens.”
- Kloner et al

Visit www.pfizer.com