Question
Posted by: Lyra | 2005/12/09

to take it further or not....

I have a close friend whom I've known for 3 years, he's Indian and easy to get on with, v. wealthy and highly intelligent. He's been romantically interested in my for since we met, but is also a bit of a free spirit. I've never really been interested till he dated my best friend last year! It only lasted a few months (he got bored), and now he is asking me for my other close friends tel. numbers. Part of me feels he is doing this for attention and the other that he actually doesn't care who he goes out with. His history shows he's not that committed to relationships, likes to do his own thing, and at 46 has his sports, friends and many parties. But he says he hasn't met the right person yet. The other night I held his hands while we were chatting & he never let go, then he kissed me goodnight. Then he ducked off to Indai/London for a month 3 days later and never really said goodbye. I know he's hectic with work but still...not even an sms 2 weeks later. Am i reading too much into this. The weird part is I think I've realised I love him but also feel he's not suitable long term. can't see him with kids etc.
But still would like things to happen...why?
advice?

thank you.

Sounds like he could be confused as to whether you're a friend, a pimp, or a dating agency. He may be a reasonable pal, but doesn't sound in the least interested in a longer-term deeper relationship with you