Question
Posted by: Homer | 2008/02/01

TO see my cheating ex or not?

Hey All,

What do I do? My cheating ex, of a couple months, is gonna be at the same event that I may goto.

I don't want to goto the event because of her and her new b/f, the one whom she cheated on me with.

As I don't want anything to do with her / him. My question is, if I don't go, i'll appear weak / a wuss... or if I do go... i'll say some horrible things to her and to him...

I'm thinking towards not going as I don't want to see them. As just the thought of the two of them makes me sick...

My ex is a real b****t. And don't want to bring myself down to their level by seeing them

What do you guys think I should do?

You seem to have constructed an artificial choice between two highly unsatisfactory alternatives. For instance, you could go to the function and NOT say anything unpleasant to them ( disappoint them by ignoring them as far as practical, and being pleasant when contact is unavoidable ). You don't have to have "something to do with them" -- presumably the function has its own point, and you could go with a partner of your own choice.
SEEING them doesn't bring you down to their level --- behaving badly would do that.

5
Posted by: Shani | 2008/02/01

Homer, I know how you feel. I was in the exact same situation not long ago and I can tell you now, I have a very quick temper and an even quicker tongue, but that day I decided that I would be the better one. If you see your ex, no matter how much it kills you..just smile and greet her and him and walk on. They dont deserve any more than that. I can tell you that she expects you to freak out and that would make her feel good coz she knows then that you are miserable without her even though you are just angry and hurt. But if you smile and greet, she would be the one left hanging and wondering what happened. Try NOT to look at them during the rest of the evening and enjoy it. It will only hurt you and give her the satisfication of knowing that u cant keep ur eyes off her. If you can do this, I promise you you will feel so much better. I did! ;-) I wish you ALL the best!

Reply to Shani
Posted by: fdfd | 2008/02/01

I agree with Hmmm...and the others. So get a hot babe and smile sweetly.

Reply to fdfd
Posted by: hmmm | 2008/02/01

hey man get yourself a nice hot babe preferrably somone a few years older than you, that will freak her out i tell you

lol

Reply to hmmm
Posted by: Lolo | 2008/02/01

if i were you i'l go and you know what don't ever get agry, greet them with a big smile and hold that anger dont show them what they expect, suprice them with that smile you will see their reaction.

never ever get angry.

Reply to Lolo
Posted by: Q | 2008/02/01

You answered your own question. In my opinion you should go, as it says in the byble if you heap prasses on the head of your enamy he/she comes to shame and disrespect. Go treat them as if the are normal en smile, it is so important even when you feel like killing them. When you leave you will feel like a king and they will be wondering what just hit them!!!!!!!!!! Will help you make peace with that hystory as well!! Good luck and my you be strong!!!

Reply to Q