Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2005/06/14

To RT: About Dr Aikman

Hi RT

On this forum, I have read that your doc is DR Aikman. I will be going to him for the first time in the first week of July when I will be about 8 weeks pregnant.

Can you give me an idea of how much his consultations will be and also scans? I am on Discovery but these sorts of things will come out of medical aid savings - which are already running low due to my hubby having lots of dental work done earlier this year.

Please check with the website. The doctor on this particular forum is not Dr Aikman

2
Posted by: Sarah | 2005/06/15

Thanks so much for replying. I really appreciate it. I did call him and get the prices but they seemed so different to what another friend had told me. The prices she gave me were much more expensive. Now it all makes sense - pay cash and you pay less!!!

We will certainly pay cash for each visit etc and just claim back from Discovery. Although, we hardly have anything left in our medical aid savings anyway!

Thanks again

Reply to Sarah
Posted by: RT | 2005/06/15

For consultation its R110.00 cash and R180.00 if you put it on Discovery. Then because its your first visit he will charge for a sonar and that is R340.00 cash and +/-R770.00 if you put it on discovery. From then you will only have to pay R110.00 every time. He still does a sonar every time but wont charge you for it. He'll only charge for a sonar at +/- 16weeks and again at 29weeks. he is not that expensive as the normal doctor at Medicross charge Discovery R170.00 for consultation. What u can do is pay it cash and just fax it to discovery and they will refund you. (it will still come out of savings plan but the amount will be only R450.00 and not the +/-R950.00). That is what we did as we are also on Discovery and i have a 3year old at home.

I will not go to any other doc as he made me feel comfortable form get go. You can ask him any thing he will also listen to all your complaints. Please let me know how it went.

Reply to RT