Question
Posted by: Maya | 2006/03/31

TO MM re CIDP question earlier

To MM

CIDP is diagnosed by a neurologist and the test will include blood but i think the diagnosis is made after an MRI of the brain scan and also maybe a lumbar puncture is taken which will show elevated protein or something or the other which then tells them if its MS/CIDP normally MS shows as plaques on the brain whereas CIDP does not have a central nervous component in most cases. See a neurologist to examine you first. My symptoms are numbness, episode of optic neuritis, bells palsy, muscle weakness and or wasting, weak arms and legs, tingling etc, but prednisone makes it all come right again, i regain the feeling/weakness/muscle when treated with it.

My best suggestion though is for you to go and see a Dr Jadin in JHB if you here, she is excellent although not a neurologist she specialises in infectious diseases. She can take a blood test and determine whether your problems are not related to some bacterium infections which as humans no body can say you've never been exposed to them especially if you have pets, eat biltong, oysters, raw fish etc. She then treats you depending on what she finds in the blood tests. Most of her patients with the neuro problems are healthy again. Let me know if you want her no i will give it to you. I wasted 7 yrs of my time with neurologists!

Thanks for your input Maya!

4
Posted by: MM | 2006/04/02

Hallo again, I got an appointment at Dr Jadins husband (she's away on holiday) yesterday, and he took some blood like you told me - sayd I maust phone him next Saturday. I'll let you know what happened ...........

Reply to MM
Posted by: MM | 2006/03/31

Thank you for your prompt response! Dr Franzsen does a ETDA challenge (some drip and some pills)which celates the metal in your blood and then she gives you a large take home bottle to urinate in for the next 5 hours and then you take it to DuB....??? (pathologists at your nearest hospital) and then they deterine the level of metals in your blood - together with the Melisa test (very expensive) which shows to which metals you you are allergic (and if). I have not done the test yet because I feel a bit unsure about taking it.

Reply to MM
Posted by: Maya | 2006/03/31

That is interesting i also have metal fillings on 3 sides of my mouth, in Nov05 i had the one side removed and refilled with porcelain the non poisonous type. The dentist said you should have them removed one at a time because there is risk of it entering your blood stream as you have it removed and also the medical aid will not pay because there is no hard proof yet that it can cause neuro problems. I personally think it contributes, the one i had removed was actually "leaking" and old, so obviously i was swallowing it etc... thats when i decided to remove it. Dr Jadin's no is: 011) 4659493/4601670 one of these no sometimes does not work, just try the other one. She is an expert and even has a book called "a disease called fatigue" even though its about chronic fatigue syndrome it mentions other illnesses, neurological as well and how it all comes together with infection etc.... very good book i read it in 2 days!!!! I dotn think Dr Jadin supports the amalgam filling theory though cause she said i should leave my fillings alone. Maybe its best safer to not touch them at all, we have to live with it. I think you will get an appointment with Dr Jadin soon, even on a Saturday, its worth every cent you pay!

Reply to Maya
Posted by: MM | 2006/03/31

Thank you for your interesting reply. Could you please give me Dr Jadin's tel no? - I have been waiting a long time for an appointment with a neurologist on 26 April - meantime I go for Ozone + VitC drips at Dr Sterna Franzsen - brain scan does not show any plaques on the brain. Dr Sterna Franzsen ihas a passsion about metalpoisoning (from tooth fillings) and believes that it is the cause of most of these type of problems ...?????

Reply to MM