Question
Posted by: anon | 2008/01/14

TO : Mel

You are really having a tough time right now and concerned about your daughter and grand daughter.

Am sure CS will answer you tomorrow. I will give you my 2c opinion. Sounds like your gdaughter really does need some play therapy. She may be very confused right now. Young children are very perceptive and sensitive. With the problems your daughter has experienced the gdaughter may have picked up on her mom's unhappiness and mood swings. Feelings of abandonment/anger etc. a 41/2 may not even have the vocab for, thats where play therapy is so helpful. She may need an assessment by a professional.

She needs to be reassured she is loved, all is well as this whole scenario can also make her feel very insecure. She may also even feel she may be to blame for all whats been happening in the home.

You may also wish to have a chat with someone at Lifeline, tel no above.

Fine --- you most probably will make a splendid couple, but you both deserve for you to have your low self-esteem dealt with, and CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) can deal with that very effectively and without taking very long about it. YOu can soon be the "better" you think he deserves. Simple positive affirmations aren't enough, but you definitely can learn to control these inaccurate and unpleasant negative thoughts and self-assessments, and regain equilibrium and happiness.

1
Posted by: mel | 2008/01/15

Hi Anon,
Thanks for your reply. I just feel I'm going nuts and I need to get other people's opinions because I never want to feel as if I knew there was a problem and I did nothing about it. My granddaughter is very important to me and I would like her to have a decent carefree childhood.

I will give Lifeline a call because my daughter told me she is will be leaving the clinic on Fridayand going back home this weekend. Her shrink says she is fine to go home. I'm just not so comfortable with this but I suppose there is nothing else I can do except give her support and see what happens.

You have a great day and thanks for the info.

Reply to mel