Question
Posted by: o | 2007/03/02

To: ME re: 4 Day Wonder Diet

Hi ME, regarding the 4 Day wonder diet, can you please tell me if it works, I see that you eat almost nothing.

Just wondering, have lots of weight to loose and if this can be a kickstart it would be great.

Dear O
I trust that ME has replied. Any diet which prescribes that you "eat almost nothing" is not balanced and cannot be sustained for longer than a few days. In fact, very-low-energy diets can be counterproductive for losing weight because the human body resists 'starvation' by shutting down its weight loss systems. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle, not use fad diets. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).
Take care

1
Posted by: ME | 2007/03/02

No, haven't tried it yet. Will try it next week.

Reply to ME